About Greenworks Lending
Greenworks Lending is a specialty finance firm that provides loans for energy-saving upgrades in new and existing commercial buildings using an innovative model called PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy). PACE unlocks the commercial market by providing no-money-down, low-cost, long-term capital. Our mission is to improve the energy efficiency of our country by creating a new normal for financing energy upgrades in buildings.
Greenworks invests in transactions in fourteen states and the District of Columbia. We have offices in Darien, CT (HQ) and Bethesda, MD.
The Controller leads Greenworks’ financial reporting and accounting processes. The successful candidate will be responsible for the integrity of the General Ledger, budget management, financial and planning analysis, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, production of financial reports, and the maintenance of internal accounting policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support development of annual budget
- Reporting variances between Budget and Actual financial performance quarterly
- Standardization and documentation of reporting and financial systems and management of controls
- Allocation and auditing of appropriate revenues and COGS
- Cash flow forecasts and quarterly reporting to the Board; weekly meetings with CEO/COO on cash management
- Coordination with VP finance on asset level cash flows, debt facilities and accounting
- Management of auditor, external accounting/bookkeeping, banking, and tax relationship
- Compliance around and management of financial processes
- Oversee AP/AR
- Oversee and quality check interim, quarterly, and annual audit financials
- Reporting to corporate investors
- Manage and update cap table as needed
Top candidates will have the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Accounting designation (CPA) or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- 10+ years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with specialty finance, banking, or structured finance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and documentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with the following financial systems preferred but not required: Concur, Salesforce, Quickbooks, Abacus
- Experience interacting with and reporting financial performance to investors preferred but not required
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off; health care, dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits
- Social activities and a flexible schedule/work life balance philosophy
Greenworks Lending is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.