About Greenworks Lending
Greenworks Lending is a specialty finance firm that provides loans for energy-saving upgrades in new and existing commercial buildings using an innovative model called PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy). PACE unlocks the commercial market by providing no-money-down, low-cost, long-term capital. Our mission is to improve the energy efficiency of our country by creating a new normal for financing energy upgrades in buildings.
Greenworks invests in transactions in fourteen states and the District of Columbia. We have offices in Darien, CT (HQ) and Bethesda, MD.
The Whole Loan Transactions Director is responsible for leading the underwriting of large (>$10M), complex commercial real estate transactions for Greenworks Lending. The successful candidate will employ sophisticated techniques for underwriting large CRE transactions and will assist in mentoring junior staff to further develop their large deal underwriting capabilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Streamlining processes with core large asset investor.
- Ensuing underwriting complies with the goals, objectives and standards of the organization.
- Coordinating with third party vendors and investors for closing and underwriting.
- Ensuring seamless transfer to asset management for servicing post-closing.
- Analyzing and reviewing third party reports including: appraisals engineering reports as well as understand environmental assessments, zoning letters, credit reports, background checks, credit references and legal documents, as needed.
- Preparing credit memos.
- Reviewing leases and property-level documents, as needed.
- Regularly reviewing core market data, communicate with brokers, agents and principals to complete strategic research projects and analysis to validate underwriting assumptions.
- Performing site inspections and summarize findings in writing, as needed.
- Researching comparable properties to determine competitive amenities, rents and sales prices using CoStar.
- Performing advanced valuation and cash flow analysis as needed.
- Interacting closely with internal loan originators, legal and portfolio management team.
- Coordinate with corporate finance on quarterly accounting of the holdings.
Top candidates will have the following characteristics:
- 7+ years of credit and commercial real estate experience or equivalent, ideally with an emphasis on commercial mortgage-backed securities, commercial real estate underwriting, or commercial real estate development
- Familiarity with commercial real estate transactions ranging from $5-100M
- Expertise with tax credit financing and transaction structuring (i.e. NMTC, LIHTC, HTC) a plus
- Experience negotiating transaction documents with lenders, borrowers, and guarantors
- Intellectual flexibility and ability to learn on the job
- Demonstrated mastery of underwriting large commercial real estate transactions in secondary markets
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills (phone and in-person) and written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of adaptability to a quickly changing environment
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA or equivalent desired but not required
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off; health care, dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits
- Social activities and a flexible schedule/work life balance philosophy
This is an excellent opportunity for motivated individuals that want to grow with a rapidly expanding organization and further their career path.
Greenworks Lending is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.